Dear Valued Guests & Travelers,
Each day we are updated with news and information about coronavirus as this epidemic is affecting areas all over the world, and as of yesterday, March 16th, 2020 Oregon has new regulations that will impact you, our valued guests. We appreciate your patience while all of us work through these times, as we are committed to offering you an all-season resort destination here at Running Y Ranch Resort.
Running Y Properties - Running Y Ranch Resort & Cerulean Hotel - is writing you today regarding the novel coronavirus COVID-19. Following the orders for social distancing and regulations by Governor of Oregon Kate Brown, Running Y Properties is taking steps towards halting gathering of 25 people or more, and practicing social distancing of 10 or less people.
Ruddy Duck Restaurant
Ruddy Duck Restaurant is closed to dine-in patrons but remains open for takeout service. Ruddy Duck Restaurant will continue to stay open with modified menus for each meal period during the following modified schedule:
Breakfast - 7am to 10:30am
Lunch - 12pm to 3:30pm
Dinner - 5pm to 8 pm
The modified menus can be found on our website: RunningY.com/m/Dining
The restaurant is also offering up to 64 oz Growler re-fills for only $5 each (pick-up only - must bring your own growler).
To order take out, please call 541.850.5582 during operational hours.
Meetings and Events
Rogue Beer Dinner, Easter Brunch, Cooking Demos, and Pasta Night are all cancelled.
For those who have scheduled meetings or weddings:
We are very unsure as to what is going to happen in the next couple months. What we do know is that Oregon's Governor has regulations in place to practice safe social distancing - no gatherings of 25 people or more are allowed, and it recommended to avoid casual gatherings of 10 people or more until April 11, 2020.
We have direct instructions to follow these guidelines until April 11, 2020. We are unsure as to what is happening moving past this date, but all we can do is wait.
We will be collecting deposits and payments as normal if your event is outside the order from the Governor of Oregon, Kate Brown. We want to express that we sympathize that this is a very nerve-wracking time for the entire world, and we, Running Y Properties, will be as flexible as possible. Given the circumstances that our Governor extends these dates past your event/group/wedding date, we will adjust accordingly at that time.
If you wish to move your date at this time to another specific date (before the above measures stated are up), we can do so, but please keep in mind to secure an alternate date, additional deposits may apply and rates my be adjusted, as this would fall into new business.
Sandhill Spa will be closing its doors as of March 18th, 2020. Running Y Ranch Resort made the difficult decision to close the spa temporarily to help ensure the health and safety of our associates and our guests. The projected date to re-open will be April 18th, 2020, and we are currently scheduling appointments for that day and beyond. Sandhill Spa will be re-opening at the new location behind the Golf Pro Shop at 5790 Coopers Hawk Road.
For appointments, please visit the full Spa Menu at RuningY.com/m/Spa
Sports and Fitness Center
The Sports & Fitness Center is temporarily closed to the public until further notice.
For additional questions, please call the Sports & Fitness Center at 541.850.5587.
We have good news to share. Governor Kate Brown issued an Executive Order yesterday, and people in the state of Oregon are still permitted to play golf. The official statement from the governor's office as of now is as follows:
"Golf is allowed as long as the social distancing measures are in place, country club activities for a gathering would not be allowed. We categorized golf similar to a hike or outdoor activity, rather than through 'essential travel' which is meant to stop vacations."
We are pleased to be able to work through these difficult times and offer a fun and healthy outdoor activity. Having said that, it is vitally important that everyone follows the social distancing guidelines set forth. We are making changes to our operation to ensure that everyone can stay safe. EVERYONE MUST MAINTAIN A MINIMUM DISTANCE OF AT LEAST 6 FEET FROM OTHERS AT ALL TIMES. In order to help accomplish this, we will be checking people in through a sliding window just to the right of the main entrance. If you don't need anything from inside the golf shop, please just check in with a wave. If you would like to make a simple purchase, i.e. a sleeve of balls, a hat, a beverage, etc. we can handle the transaction through the window for you. If you need to use the restroom, we ask that only one person at a time enters the building. Please read our safety precautions below.
- The driving range will remain closed until it is deemed safe to operate. There are simply too many common touch points involved to risk it.
- All steering wheels, keys, handles, and bag latches will be sanitized each morning prior to use. New carts are arriving over the course of the next week. Please take care of them and enjoy them!
- If you can walk, we encourage you to. If you choose to ride, we will limit each cart to one person. The only exception to this rule is that immediate family who live in the same residence may ride in a cart together. PLEASE DO NOT CARPOOL TO AND FROM THE COURSE WITH ANYONE OUTSIDE OF YOUR OWN HOUSEHOLD.
- Bunker rakes have been removed from the course. You may elect to enhance your lie in the bunker, and we ask you smooth your footprints using your feet to the best of you ability for the players behind you. The maintenance team will be smoothing bunkers as time permits, but labor will be short. Please do your part to help. If you'd rather drop your ball outside the bunker, that is completely up to you. Let's just enjoy the opportunity to be outside.
- The cups on the course have been inverted to prevent the ball from dropping down into the hole. The ball will still enter the hole, but it will remain up where you can grab it with two fingers. DO NOT TOUCH THE FLAGSTICKS. Leave the flagstick in for all putts, and please carefully use two fingers to remove your ball. Out of respect for other players, please don't use your putter to gouge your ball out and compromise the cup edge for others.
- Check in at the window adjacent to the main building entrance. THE GOLF SHOP IS CLOSED. CHECK IN AND MAKE PURCHASES THROUGH THE WINDOW PLEASE.
- If you intend to play, PLEASE call ahead to schedule your tee time.
- Ruddy Duck Restaurant, like all other restaurants in Oregon, remains open on a carryout basis. We are still permitted to provide beverage out of the golf shop.
- Please be aware of social distancing at all times. Six feet is the mandated minimum distance. In a golf course setting, you should be able to do better than that. Take extra precaution on the putting green and teeing areas. If we see that distances are not being maintained on the putting green, we will be forced to close it down. Also, please don't congregate around the golf shop before or after your round.
- For the immediate future, we will be limiting the hours that golf can take place. Tee times will start at 10 am daily, and carts will be required to be returned by 6 pm sharp. We plan to modify the hours as the days get longer and/or restrictions change.
- Enjoy the serene open space, exercise and sunshine. Thank you for helping keep yourself, our guests, and our associates safe and healthy through extreme social distancing.
- Remember to wash your hands thoroughly and often for a minimum of twenty seconds.
For now, golf is deemed to be a relatively safe activity. Please follow all social distancing precautions. Please be cognizant of proper hygiene - wash/sanitize your hands more than you think you should. Avoid touching your face. Be kind. We are all in this together. Let's do our part to protect each other.
For hours, course conditions, and more information, call the Golf Pro Shop directly at 541.850.5580.
Running Y Lodge & Vacation Rentals
Running Y Lodge and Vacation Rentals remain open and operational. Our staff has taken steps to further enhance social distancing and cleaning procedures; therefore, we will not be offering stay over service to guests that are staying more than one night. Guests can request more items in person at the front desk.
Cerulean Hotel, located in downtown Klamath Falls, remains open and operational. Our staff has taken steps to further enhance social distancing and cleaning procedures; therefore, we will not be offering stay over service to guests that are staying more than one night. Guests can request more items in person at the front desk.
We are committed to your patronage and understand that COVID-19 may result in cancellations. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our staff here at Running Y Properties if we can help answer questions and assist you.
We look forward to serving you, our valued guests and travelers. We appreciate your patience during this time, as each day brings new challenges and changes. We want to wish all of our Guests and Travelers well during this time.
Christy Mullinix l General Manager
P: 541.850.5599 l F: 541.850.5763
Meredith Mackey l Director of Sales & Marketing
P: 541.850.5502 l F: 541.850.5787
Running Y Ranch Resort
Last Updated: March 24, 2020